Friday 9 March 2012

BIRDMAN EATING

238 Gertrude St
Fitzroy VIC 3065

I had been recommended Birdman Eating by several of my friends for a great breakfast , and this Saturday I finally had the opportunity to check it out for myself. We rocked up at around 10:30am which seemed like the perfect time as the place got steadily busier after that until there was a line to get a table. We were a little bleary eyed from the night before so I was looking forward to a hearty breakfast and I chose the Lamb Bolognese Baked Egg off the specials board.
I wish I had taken a photo of my meal because it really was a wonderful looking dish, but when you are as positively ravenous as I was, observing and documenting your food isn't really what you're thinking about. The meat was beautifully cooked with a nicely textured egg and a gooey yolk, and the sour dough bread was a nice accompaniment for dipping.

I restaurant was quirky with birdmen hanging from the ceiling made from those wooden models you always used in art class at school. The waitstaff were polite and efficient and the food was delicious and well presented.

After the meal, we wandered next door to Northside Records for a browse through their record selection. It was a throughly satisfying way to start our Saturday.

Birdman Eating Website

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment